Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
|Please note - we are experiencing issues with the script generating the above links. If you encounter a "Not Acceptable!" error message, please refresh your browser and try the link again.|
NOTICE: Fall Clean up week is here!
Saturday September 24th – Sunday October 2nd
Fall Free Residential Tipping at the Landfill. (Proof of residency will be required)
Electronics Round up - Date: Mon. Sept. 26th – Fri. Sept. 30th, Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Location: Dept. of Physical Services (1 Dunfield Rd)
- PUBLIC NOTICE: WINTER PARKING RESTRICTIONS (By-Law 08-026)
The public is reminded that effective NOVEMBER 1, 2016 Winter Parking Restrictions will go into effect. Vehicles shall not be parked on the streets between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 7:30 am. These restrictions apply to the period commencing November 1, 2016 to April 15, 2017
NOTICE: Water Distribution Flushing Program
The Town of Kirkland Lake Department of Physical Services will be conducting watermain flushing throughout the municipality commencing Monday, October 3rd, tentatively ending Monday, October 31st, 2016.
This work will be done on an eight (8) hour basis starting at 7:00 a.m. and continuing until 4:00 p.m. each day.
This work is necessary in order to remove sediment, rust and other matter from our water distribution system. Should discolouration of water occur please let cold water run until it clears.
The Town of Kirkland Lake Department of Physical Services wishes to apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause.
- September 23 Municipal Update
- NOTICE: CEMETERY SEASON CLOSING AND REMOVAL OF FLOWERS
The Town of Kirkland Lake Cemetery would like to notify the public that the office at the Cemetery will close as of October 28th, 2016. The Cemetery will close the gate for the season when the first snowfall occurs.
Please be advised that anyone with flowers at the Cemetery should remove them as soon as possible. Any flowers that are left for the winter season may become deteriorated or dilapidated. Deteriorated, wind damaged or dilapidated flowers will be discarded in the spring by Cemetery staff during spring clean up.
- Town of Kirkland Lake Receives Civic Redevelopment Grant
The Town of Kirkland Lake has received a $20,000 grant from Farm Credit Canada (FCC), to be used towards the reconstruction costs of Civic Stadium.
The funding was announced by the FCC on August 31. It will be directed towards general construction costs associated with turning Civic Stadium into the community's premier multi-season, multi-use outdoor event hub. It complements other funding the Town has secured from FedNor, the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation, and the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The matching municipal contribution includes a donation from the estate of the late Tom McClelland. Total project costs are approximately $2.6 million.
"This is great news," said Mayor Tony Antoniazzi. "it is a significant contribution that will help make this park an event venue that the community can be proud of for years to come".
Farm Credit Canada is Canada's leading agriculture lender. It is Crown Corporation through the Minister of Agriculture and Agric-food. The FCC’s AgriSpirit Fund is dedicated to enhancing rural communities. For more information, visit: www.fcc-fac.ca
- Waste Management Notice - ROLLING OUT THE CARTS
The Town of Kirkland Lake wishes to advise that they have begun delivering the new waste carts to each property. See Notice for full details.
- MEDIA RELEASE - Civic Service Stadium Renewal Project
- The Department of Physical Services for the Town of Kirkland Lake wishes to announce the conclusion of the contract with Teck Northern Roads for the operation of the Residential Recycling Depot located at 37 Duncan Ave. North.
Furthermore, we have been advised by the contractor they will no longer be offering this service and will be shutting down the depot as of July 1st of this year. Please be advised the Town will be continuing the biweekly residential curbside recycling collection.
- Summer Construction 2016
- KIRKLAND LAKE WASTE MANAGEMENT - Request for Proposals Review
- New Heritage North Website: www.heritagenorthevents.ca.
- TAKE NOTICE THAT the Corporation of the Town of Kirkland Lake has agreed to offer a cash incentive when purchasing a residential building lot on Calbeck Avenue, Balsam Avenue, Porteous Avenue and King George Court. The minimum price per lot is $10,000. $5,000 will be refunded if issued an occupancy permit within one (1) year, $3,000 if issued an occupancy permit within two (2) years.
Please obtain a copy of the “Request to Purchase” from the Department of Physical Services located at 1 Dunfield Road in Kirkland Lake or here. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Waste Management and Recycling Calendar for 2016
- NEWS RELEASE
Kirkland Lake Benefits From Improvements to Wastewater Infrastructure
Kirkland Lake profite d’améliorations de ses infrastructures de traitement des eaux usées